Table of Contents
Introduction Ecommerce SEO Tips
Many eCommerce sites are not performing as well as they could be. If you are an online business owner, it is important to know your ranking in Google’s search results. If you have ever wondered how to optimize your site and increase traffic, this article will provide some cool eCommerce SEO tips that can help.
Make Sure Your Site is Well-Structured
The site structure of your website is what makes it easy for visitors to navigate, and Google to understand what your site is about. The first thing you should do is make sure your site is well-structured. This means that it should have a clear hierarchy of content and pages, as well as a consistent navigation system. It’s also important to make sure that each page has a unique purpose, so visitors can easily find the information they need.
This doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. There are a few simple things you can do that will help you create an effective and well-structured eCommerce site:
- Make sure the navigation bar at the top of your page links to all of your most important pages (this includes categories, products, blog posts, and so on). If a visitor wants information then they should be able to find it easily on any page of your site.
- Make sure all product pages include relevant keywords within their title tag as well as in their other meta tags such as description and image alt text
- Create new content regularly – blogging is great but doesn’t forget about adding images too! Images add personality while also helping search engines understand what’s being talked about more easily.”
Have an SSL Certificate
An SSL certificate is a small file that you install on your website, which tells browsers that all information exchanged through the site is encrypted and secured. This means that no sensitive information like payment or login details can be intercepted by third parties.
A secure socket layer (SSL) is a cryptographic protocol used to establish an encrypted link between a web server and a browser, allowing sensitive information such as credit card numbers or passwords to be transmitted over the Internet securely. The protocol works by creating an unbroken chain of trust between two endpoints; this means that if anyone along the way tries to tamper with any part of it, then they’ll invalidate their certificate and have their access revoked.
Include Product Reviews on Your Product Pages
Product reviews are a ranking factor, and they help increase the conversion rate. Reviews also help build trust, which is crucial for online shoppers. If a customer does not trust you, why would they buy from you? Reviews also build brand authority and increase sales and conversions.
Reviews are a great way to increase brand awareness because they allow customers to give their opinion on your product—and people love sharing their opinions! The more positive content there is about your company, the better chance it has of being seen by potential customers who may have otherwise been unaware of what you offer.
Optimize the “Title” Tags of Your Product Pages
The title tag is the most important element of a product page. It’s a headline that appears in search engine results, and it should be optimized for SEO. The title tag should have your most important keywords at the beginning, but make sure to include your brand name or business name if you’re running an eCommerce store. The ideal length for a title tag is between 50-60 characters (including spaces).
You can also optimize meta descriptions by using relevant keywords and making them concise yet descriptive. Ideally, they should be 150 characters or less because Google will truncate longer descriptions after 150 characters into two separate snippets of text: one above and one below the fold on mobile devices with small screens, such as smartphones and tablets.
Use Heading Tags (H1, H2, etc.) in a Hierarchical Order
There are six heading tags and they are H1s, H2s, H3s, H4s, H5s, and H6s. You should use them in a hierarchical order (H1 is most important while H6 is least important). The reason why you should use heading tags is that they help Google understand what your page is about.
- H1 – Headings 1, which should be used for the page title.
- H2 – Subheadings (or main headings), which should be used for the subheading on pages.
- H3-4-5 and 6 – These are used to further break down information and content on your site.
So, if you want to create a hierarchy of content, use these different levels in a logical order (like above).
Optimize Your Images – ALT Tags, File Names, Image Size, and More
Alt tags are the text that appears when you hover over an image. They should be descriptive and relevant to the image, so it makes sense to use your product name as the alt tag for example. The more specific your alt tag is, the better—just make sure it’s less than 100 characters in length.
The filename should also be consistent with what you put into your alt tag. If you don’t want to copy and paste a lengthy sentence into an image file name then make sure that both are still related to each other somehow.
Improve Your Site’s Page Loading Speed
It’s important to get your page loading speed right. If a site takes too long to load, users will leave and go elsewhere. According to a report by Google, nearly half of all consumers expect a website to load in two seconds or less; if it takes longer than that, they abandon the site. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways you can make sure customers stay on your site for as long as possible:
- Make sure your images aren’t too large — An image that weighs 2MB isn’t going to do your page any favors when it comes time for loading times. Make sure all the images on your site are compressed into smaller sizes (and avoid using animated GIFs whenever possible). You can use an online tool such as TinyPNG (http://tinypng.com/) or ImageOptim (https://imageoptim-binaries-iwebtoolkitforwindowsmacoslinuxandroidiosandroidarm32bitarm64bit) for this purpose.
- Create a good user experience — The best way to keep customers on your site for as long as possible is by creating an excellent user experience. This means that all of your links should be easy to read and click, and any images should be clear and legible. Remember that people will probably be using their mobile phones when visiting your site, so make sure you optimize for these devices too.
List of Some Plugins that can improve your woo-commerce store loading time
-W3 Total Cache
-WP Super Cache
List of some great apps that can improve your Shopify store loading time
-Speed Booster for Shopify
-SEO Analyzer -Woo Boost
-Shopify App Store Optimization
Optimize Your Product Descriptions – Don’t Copy Content from Manufacturer Site
One of the first steps to increasing your store’s SEO is to optimize your product descriptions. The better they are, the more likely you are to rank higher in Google searches. When writing them, don’t copy content from manufacturer sites or other third-party sources. Instead, create unique descriptions that include keywords related to your products and services.
- Don’t copy content from manufacturer sites
- Use your own words, don’t just reword what the manufacturer says.
Add Rich Snippets to Increase CTR
Rich snippets are a way to display more information about your business in search results. They’re usually displayed as a box or snippet on the right side of the page, and they typically include things like price, ratings and reviews, and other key metrics relevant to your business.
Rich snippets have been shown to increase click-through rates by up to 20%. When you see a rich snippet in search results, you’ll know that it’s coming from someone who has verified their business with Google. This means they’ve made an effort and invested time into creating content that is useful for users searching for information about their product or service.
Add an FAQ Page to Boost the Amount of Traffic You Get from Search Queries
You should also create an FAQ page and make sure it’s easy to navigate. People will often ask questions in a search engine, which means that you’re missing out on potential visitors who are searching for the answers to their questions.
If someone searches for “what is SEO?” or “how do I start my eCommerce business?”, they could see your company as an expert in the field and visit your website as a result. If you aren’t answering these questions on your website, then people searching those terms won’t find what they’re looking for and may leave disappointed.
eCommerce seo best practices List some best SEO tips
1. Build your website with SEO in mind
2. Optimize your on-page elements (title tags, meta descriptions, H1s, etc.)
3. Create a sitemap and submit it to Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools
4. Set up Google Analytics and track your visitors’ behavior on the site
5. Create compelling content on your website that is highly relevant to your visitors
6. Write about topics that you are an expert in ( Your Ecommerce Niche)
7. Implement a social media marketing strategy
8. Use tools like Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools
9. Promote quality content through social media
10. Make sure your site loads quickly
11. Make changes to your website based on analytics data
12. Measure traffic,
Ecommerce SEO is a complex task. However, it is not impossible, you can just follow these tips and implement them in your store, but in some cases, you will need to hire an expert SEO Company to help you out. I hope this article has been helpful to you. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.